BCCB 2017 Application
Apply for the Burrinja Climate Change Biennale 2017: climate change on the fringes.
Applications due 4pm Friday 29 September 2017.
The award exhibition will be on display at Burrinja Gallery from 11 November 2017 to 11 February 2018. Three awards will be offered:
$7,500 Acquisitive Award
$1,000 Young Artist Award (artist under 26)
$500 People’s Choice Award
Call-out for submissions open from Friday, 16 June
Full Terms & Conditions below
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Young Artist Award Eligibility
Please tick this box if you are eligible for the young artist under 26 award.
I am under 26
Please let us know about the artwork you are submitting for the 2017 Burrinja Climate Change Biennale Award and exhibition.
Title of artwork
Year of creation
Dimensions in cm (w) x (h)
Please note works should not exceed 200cm in any direction.
Retail vanue of artwork including GST
Artist’s statement about the work
Please attach images of the artwork you are submitting
Please upload high resolution images in JPG or TIF format at 300dpi with with file name format LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_TITLE_MEDIUM_YEAR.jpg
(max file size 5mb)
Link to video works
(please include password if required)
Please include a short artist biography
Please supply current Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 2 pages)
Please provide entry fee confirmation number
Entry fee can be paid via https://tickets.burrinja.org.au/
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Burrinja Climate Change Biennale
ART PRIZE 2017
Acquisitive Award $7,500
additional prizes: $1000 Young Artist Award
and a $500 People’s Choice Award
Exhibition and Award for multi-medium acquisitive art prize for works addressing climate change
Entries Close: 4pm, Friday 29 September 2017
Applications must be received either online or postmarked, on or before this day.
Late entries will not be considered.
1. Artists must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident residing primarily in Australia.
2. The prize-winning entry shall become Burrinja property upon payment of prize money to the winning artist.
3. All works submitted for the Award must be original works by the artist whose name appears on the entry form and be completed in 2016 and 2017.
4. Works should not exceed 2.0 metres in any given dimension.
5. Works should not pose any physical risk to the public or cause potential damage to the building or its fittings
6. Artists must submit with this entry form:
• a non-refundable handling fee of $30
• a one-page Curriculum Vitae
• an artist’s statement about the work (up to 150 words)
• a full image of the actual work being submitted for judging the Award
• The image must be a high resolution (300 dpi) TIF or JPG digital file.
Up to two images may be submitted but one of these must represent the artwork in its entirety. The file size of image is not to exceed 5mb. PowerPoint and/or pdf files are NOT acceptable.
Video artworks are to be submitted online only: please provide a link to a webpage for your video to be reviewed.
Image files should be saved with the following details as the file name:
artist’s surname_artist’s first name_title_year.jpeg
7. Entries are to be either submitted online via the Burrinja website (preferred) or posted. If posting, images need to be submitted on a disk/USB or a link to a video is required.
8. Employees of Burrinja and members of the Burrinja Board are ineligible to enter the prize.
9. Support material will not be returned.
10. There is no limit to the number of entries permitted. A non-refundable payment of $30 including GST is applicable to each artwork entered. A receipt will be issued for each entry.
11. A pre-selection committee including the Curator and Manager of Collections, Burrinja will select the finalists. Please note, no substitutes for works entered will be accepted and no correspondence will be entered into once the decision is reached and provided to entrants. Finalists will be notified by 9 October, 2017.
12. Finalists’ work must arrive at Burrinja not later than Monday, 6 November, 2017.
13. Finalists’ work must be suitably framed or mounted and ready to hang or otherwise prepared for display and be labelled with the artist’s name, address and title of work.
14. Any works damaged in transit or without an appropriate hanging system will not be presented for judging.
15. All selected works must be available for display throughout the duration of the exhibition.
16. All artworks must be available for sale.
17. The panel of three judges for the Award will be composed of one artist, an independent selectors from the art sector in Victoria and the Curator & Manager of Collections, Burrinja.
18. The judging panel shall solely determine the prizewinning entry. However the judging panel and Council reserve the right not to award the prize.
19. The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Burrinja, via Yarra Ranges Council, covers insurance for any loss or damage suffered to any artwork in its possession. Finalists should ensure their work is insured for transit to and from Burrinja.
21. Entries will not be received by Burrinja unless free of charge. No payment will be made by Burrinja for freight or any other charge incurred in the delivery and/or return of any work submitted.
MEDIA, REPRODUCTION OF WORKS AND STATEMENTS
22. Copyright of the artwork remains the property of the entrant. Finalists specifically permit and authorise Burrinja to reproduce the art work and the artist’s statement by print or electronic/social media for publicity purposes, reports, catalogues and any other publications related to the Burrinja Biennale for a period of five years from the closing date of the exhibition. Due attribution will be made to the artist.
23. The winner of the major acquisitive prize will grant Burrinja a non-exclusive, perpetual copyright licence to reproduce the work for non-commercial purposes in electronic and print material. Burrinja will attribute the Artist as the author of the work wherever the work is reproduced.
24. Artists, in particular the award winning artists, shall be available for media interviews and photo opportunities.
COLLECTION OF WORKS
25. The exhibition will close on Sunday, 11 February 2018. Entries, other than the prize-winning acquisitive entry, are to be collected from Burrinja between Tuesday, 13 February and Sunday, 19 February 2018.
Works which have not been collected by 4pm, Sunday, 19 February, will be returned to the entrant by Burrinja via a courier at the entrant’s expense.
By submitting this application you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
Do Not Fill This Out